Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts  
Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts
Ultimate-BMW.com ::
The Ultimate Resource for Ultimate Driving Machines

Main Site Menu 1.

Ultimate-BMW.com Site Homepage
BMW Forums Homepage
BMW Knowledgebase
BMW Forums Members Photos
BMW Forums Members Spotlights
BMW Spectacles and Movies

Ultimate-BMW.com News

Ulitmate-BMW.com Sponsors
Advertise with Ultimate-BMW.com
Contact Ultimate-BMW.com
Google

Go Back   Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts > Serious BMW > BMW Drifting

Old 03-10-2006, 21:39   #1
ElSupremo
Administrator

ElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond reputeElSupremo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is drifting for dorks?

I think most people who do it are more into TF & TF.
ElSupremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:20   #2
Timo
Rookie

Timo is on a distinguished road

no mate, we drifters enjoy it because it is addrenaling pumping fun.

if you visit the website www.driftworks.com you will see over 100,000 members that love the sport of drifting, it is the next big thing to hit the uk and we cant wait.

the spec on some of the cars cost more than the best bmw on the market.

i have a nissan 180sx running just short of 350bhp and its cost me nearly 8 k just for that.
my bmw on the other hand is completely standard apart from the coilovers and lsd

we love drifiting and its much better than street racing becuase its legal in clubs not on street where you can kill a child.
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 17:16   #3
KO-SALES-TEAM
Flat-Foot

KO-SALES-TEAM is on a distinguished road

If you've never seen a drift event I highly recommend that you go check one out.

Our top salesman at KO right now, Erick Mahle, is really big in the drift scene here in South Florida, probably one of the top 5 guys down here, and after he had been talking about it so much, and I saw how much he loved it, I decided to check out a couple of his event...

and I must say, he is pretty damn good!

It is really fun to watch the guys that are good (I have to admit the people still learning the ropes that are pure begginers are kinda boring, although they do do funny stuff to their cars when they mess up so that can be entertaining). I've been to about 3 or so of the events now as a spectator, and we may build a KO corporate owned drift car later this year after our shop opens up, which would give us two KO cars - Erick's and the KO corporate car.

check out some of his drift videos on utube, or check out r3vlimited.com and look for our posts on there for some cool pics and videos if you want to get more into that scene with a BMW.

We're one of the few guys out there in the scene with a BMW.

-John Paul

KO Performance
www.koperformance.com
email - sales@koperformance.com
Miami office - 786-264-1684

The quickest responses are obtained through email and phone calls, as opposed to PMs.
KO-SALES-TEAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:36   #4
Timo
Rookie

Timo is on a distinguished road
Default Drift bmw

I have been to over 30 drift events across the uk.
driftworks and driftking.nl seem to be the masters of the sport.

we have applied to the americans to have a shoot off at one of our home grounds called teeside in birmingham,uk.

I currently own a car performance shop and online forum for a club of fans from modified cars to drift cars.

I would prefer the drift scene as racing is not my thing but we have just spent £12,000gbp
on a nissan 180sx having it competely rebuilt and stripped.
www.cnsperformance.com is the forum site in the uk and for us to open a forum was to be underun but we done it for the fans we are prepared to take on this season.

We also have a 1990 bmw 318i with a m-tec kit and a brand new m3 engine with a supercharger built on, and this has cost us just over £6,000gbp to install.
we also have a lsd off the later models that we intend to have rebuilt.
it all counts for the bmw as they call them tramp drifters over in the uk as the main cars are toyota and nissan.

the power to weight ratio will show this season as our bmw or 180sx will hopefuly take podium finish.
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 13:45   #5
KO-SALES-TEAM
Flat-Foot

KO-SALES-TEAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
I have been to over 30 drift events across the uk.
driftworks and driftking.nl seem to be the masters of the sport.

we have applied to the americans to have a shoot off at one of our home grounds called teeside in birmingham,uk.

I currently own a car performance shop and online forum for a club of fans from modified cars to drift cars.

I would prefer the drift scene as racing is not my thing but we have just spent £12,000gbp
on a nissan 180sx having it competely rebuilt and stripped.
www.cnsperformance.com is the forum site in the uk and for us to open a forum was to be underun but we done it for the fans we are prepared to take on this season.

We also have a 1990 bmw 318i with a m-tec kit and a brand new m3 engine with a supercharger built on, and this has cost us just over £6,000gbp to install.
we also have a lsd off the later models that we intend to have rebuilt.
it all counts for the bmw as they call them tramp drifters over in the uk as the main cars are toyota and nissan.

the power to weight ratio will show this season as our bmw or 180sx will hopefuly take podium finish.
That's very interesting!

Our drifter, Erick Mahle, is going to do a demo this weekend in Tampa FL at an IRL race. We're pretty exctied for him.

We're probably going to start building out another BMW drift car later this year.

It is similar here in the States with regards to BMW vs. other drift cars which are mostly Jap cars (240sx, 350z, etc.). That's part of the excitement and fun for us, in that we, like you are brining the cars we love - the Euros - and really making an impact in the drift scene. We have already seen a growing number of our customers here in Florida that used to drift Jap cars, starting to purchase E30s like Erick's to start building them out for drifting after seeing what he can do with the car.

-John Paul

KO Performance
www.koperformance.com
email - sales@koperformance.com
Miami office - 786-264-1684

The quickest responses are obtained through email and phone calls, as opposed to PMs.
KO-SALES-TEAM is offline   Reply With Quote