Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts  
Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts
Ultimate-BMW.com ::
The Ultimate Resource for Ultimate Driving Machines

Main Site Menu 1.

Ultimate-BMW.com Site Homepage
BMW Forums Homepage
BMW Knowledgebase
BMW Forums Members Photos
BMW Forums Members Spotlights
BMW Spectacles and Movies

Ultimate-BMW.com News

Ulitmate-BMW.com Sponsors
Advertise with Ultimate-BMW.com
Contact Ultimate-BMW.com
Google

Go Back   Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts > BMW Knowledgebase > BMW How-To Questions

Old 11-10-2004, 18:26   #1
stitch
Rookie

stitch is on a distinguished road
Default e30 m3 computer codes

a freind of mine has a problem with his 1986 e30 m3 in that after removing an old alarm system the car needs a code inputed.we contacted bmw in germany to get the code for the car but it still wont start.can anybody help us solve this problem.the car was imported in 1989 as that year of car.could the car need a new computer as we have 3 other e30 m3 computers we can try?
stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 15:13   #2
jamesroools

hi,
im not sure if fitting a new computer would help, i had a similar problem with a 318i e30, removing the alarm cut off power to the fuel pump so i had to find the fuel pump wire which went to the alarm (purple and black) and cross that with a 12v source which only came on when the ignition was on and when the engine was being turned over, the only thing i could think of was to run the fuel pump wire to the positive side of the ignition coil, after talking to an auto electrician, i was advised to change this as it will deliver too much fuel and cause running problems, one of the other wires that run to the alarm can be crossed with the fuel pump wire and will deliver the right voltage at the right time, i havent had chance to check this as i no longer use that car but i believe the information to be true, if that doesnt work try putting the alarm back, if that also fails go back to basics, is it sparking? is the timing out? is the airflow sensor working? is the oxygen sensor working? are the injectors working? are you getting fuel up to the pistons? have you tried a compression test? there are many other tests but if they fail either read the fault codes or take the car to a bmw main dealer, hope the information is of help.