Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts  
Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts
Ultimate-BMW.com ::
The Ultimate Resource for Ultimate Driving Machines

Main Site Menu 1.

Ultimate-BMW.com Site Homepage
BMW Forums Homepage
BMW Knowledgebase
BMW Forums Members Photos
BMW Forums Members Spotlights
BMW Spectacles and Movies

Ultimate-BMW.com News

Ulitmate-BMW.com Sponsors
Advertise with Ultimate-BMW.com
Contact Ultimate-BMW.com
Google

Go Back   Ultimate-BMW.com :: BMW forums, BMW parts, BMW accessories, BMW performance parts > BMW Knowledgebase > BMW How-To Questions

Old 10-31-2006, 20:50   #1
QcMarque
Rookie

QcMarque is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to QcMarque Send a message via AIM to QcMarque Send a message via MSN to QcMarque Send a message via Yahoo to QcMarque
Default '86 E23 Heater Core Replacement

Alrighty... so my heater core is leaking, I'm about to order a new one and need to do the swap. I've been looking everywhere for either a paper or cd manual that covers my car (more exclusively than a chilton or haynes), and all I've come across is a microfiche from BMW... which of course I have no use for seeing as I don't have a reader. Anyways, this is a 2 part question... 1) how do I go about accessing the heater core to replace it. 2) Anyone know where I could get a good manual for doing work on my car (or perhaps know where I could aquire a microfiche on cd, or something of the sort?)

Thanks for all the help!
QcMarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 23:16   #2
QcMarque
Rookie

QcMarque is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to QcMarque Send a message via AIM to QcMarque Send a message via MSN to QcMarque Send a message via Yahoo to QcMarque
Default A couple other things...

Also... I went through and replaced all the vacuum lines on the engine, and capped those not being used (heater vent/diaphrams and back since I have to replace the heater core anyhow)... it did improve my idle quite significantly... but I still get some wavering (wanders between about 500-750 rpm once warmed up). Anyone know what else I can check to help bring my idle to where it should be, as well as keep it smooth? Lastly, I need a vacuum diagram for then entire car so I can be sure all the lines are there. there's 1 'post' on the vacuum pump that doesn't have a line on it, and without a diagram I don't know if there should be or not (and if so where it goes.) My apologies for being so long winded on these things, I'm very excited to get my L7 back up to top shape and especially get the heat running properly since it's getting close to snow here in Seattle.

Thanks again!
QcMarque is offline   Reply With Quote